Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jim Henson & Retro Commercials

As a product of the '80s, I am quite familiar with Jim Henson's 'The Muppets'. I've seen 'Labyrinth' countless times, and I've even endured the trippiness that is 'The Dark Crystal'. However, I was not familiar with Jim Henson's advertisement work from before his great TV and film success. Here are a few of the ads he worked on from way back.
I'll start with my favorite, the La Choy dragon:

Munchos:

That purple guy seems rather familiar..
Wilkin's Coffee:

Good lord, you better like their f--king coffee, or face the consequences!
McGarry's Sausage:

There are loads more, but the video quality (as well as content) aren't always the best. You'll notice a recurring theme of goofy violence though, so keep your eyes peeled if you decide to check out more of Henson's old ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment